We’re thrilled to announce that our latest design competition entry was selected as one of the top five finalists! Legrand, a global specialist in electrical and digital building infrastructures, partnered with ASID to launch a national contest this fall asking architects and designers to create an original custom wall plate from the adorne Collection for a chance at the inaugural title and opportunity to design three wall plates for sale in 2014.
All of the contest’s wall plates were featured in a one-night-only exhibition on November 6 in New York City titled, “Light Your Imagination.” There were more than 200 submissions and our design made the top five! We designed our switch plate using the K’s that face each other in our logo that reflect our purple and white branding.
The other finalists include:
- Antonio Rodriguez, Interior Designer at Perkins+Will
- Emily Lurker
- Ellen Carey, Associate Professor of Hartford Art School
The winner was Lauren Rottet from Rottet Studio. Rottet’s winning design features a pattern of beveled diamonds on a white surface—the plate was created using 3D printing technology to achieve its texture, precision, and level of detail. The contest raised $10,000 for the ASID Foundation, donated by Legrand.
Legrand’s switch plates have revolutionized the way homeowners view this integral part of their home. In addition to having 32 striking finishes, Legrand continues to lead the way in lighting technology with their truly astounding switch portfolio featuring seven models, each providing a unique on/off activation and user experience. Standout products in the line include:
• The Touch™ Switch uses capacitive touch technology to control lights. Its stunning translucent face operates just like an iPod®.
• The Wave™ Switch activates lights with the wave of a hand.
• The SensaSwitch™ turns lights on and off when people enter or leave the room.
• The Pop-Out™ Outlet is popped out when needed, providing three outlets, and pushed back in to fit flush to the wall when not in use.
Looking forward to seeing what new innovations they come out with next!