Get your pumpkin fix and prime your sweet tooth for this seasonal delight that checks all the boxes for the Autumn season. Pumpkin? Yes. Apples? Got ‘em. Spices? You bet. Sweetness with a little crunch? Just try the recipe below to instantly experience all that is Fall.
12 Servings, 1 loaf
Prep time: 15-minutes, Additional 10-minutes for icing
Cook time: 1-hour
Total time: 1-hour 25-minutes
Category: Baking, Seasonal
1 ¾ cups flour
3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cups packed dark brown sugar
½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
8-oz canned pumpkin
¼ cup water
½ cup powdered sugar
1 ½ tablespoons milk or almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 4×8-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Whisk flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Stir together eggs, sugars, and applesauce in a large bowl. Stir in pumpkin. Add flour mixture alternately with the water, stirring well between additions. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake loaf until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan about 10-minutes.
- While loaf cools, make a quick icing by whisking powdered sugar with milk in a Hestan Butter Warmer. Set aside.
- Invert loaf onto a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle loaf with icing and sprinkle with pepitas.