Slow cooked Pork Salsa Verde Tacos are a mouthwatering and festive meal everyone will love. The best part is that it requires little effort to make them!
Prep time: 15-minutes
Cook time: 2-hours, 15-minutes
Total time: 2-hours, 30-minutes
Category: Entrée, Mexican
3-pounds pork loin or pork shoulder, cut into 1’’ pieces
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons oil
1 large yellow onion, chopped (set half aside)
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ tablespoon ground cumin
½ tablespoon oregano
1 12oz. beer
1 orange, cut in half and juiced
8oz chicken stock
16oz can of chili beans
15oz container of refrigerated salsa verde
3 oz shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
1/4 cup cilantro leaves
6-8 tortillas, corn or flour
Sour cream, cilantro and avocado or guacamole for serving
1. Season pork pieces on all sides with salt and pepper.
2. Heat a Hestan 8qt. ProBond Stockpot over high heat. Add oil. Once hot, sear the pork pieces until browned on all sides.
3. Remove the pork from the pot. Add a little additional oil to pan, if needed.
4. Add onion and sauté until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30-seconds.
5. Stir in the cumin and oregano. Return pork to the pot and add the beer.
6. Squeeze orange into pot and drop-in orange halves.
7. Add in chicken stock, reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 2-hours.
8. Warm chili beans in a Hestan 2qt. ProBond Saucepan.
9. Pull cooked pork from the pot and load into tortillas.
10. Add in warmed chili beans to tortillas and top with salsa verde, cheese, sour cream, cilantro and avocado. Ole!