Upgrade your regular baked potatoes to these Hasselback potatoes – thinly sliced, roasted until crisp, then loaded up with toppings. They look fancy, but they’re actually quite simple to make. Try it out for yourself and let us know how you love it!
Crispy Hasselback Potatoes
Course: Side Dish
Prep Time: 15-minutes
Cook Time: 45-minutes
Total Time: 1-hour
Equipment: Wooden Spoon and plastic bag or brush
6 large or 9 small Yukon Gold potatoes
⅓ cup olive oil
1½ teaspoon garlic minced
1½ teaspoon paprika
1½ teaspoon dried oregano
1½ teaspoon driedthyme
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Green onions for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a Hestan OvenBond Quarter Sheet Pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, garlic, spices, and salt. Set aside.
- Set a potato on to wooden spoon. Using a sharp knife, cut ⅛-¼ inch slices, leaving about ¼ inch intact at the bottom of the potato. The wooden spoon should stop the knife at the right height.
- Using a brush to coat the potatoes with the oil mixture or toss in plastic bag, making sure to gently open the slices and drip the oil in between.
- Bake on the prepared Hestan OvenBond Quarter Sheet Pan for 45-minutes, or until they are golden brown on the edges and tender in the middle.
- Top with your favorite complements like sour cream, cheese and green onion.