Often I purchase Meyer Lemon Rosemary Sourdough Bread from the market—when that isn’t possible, I make the next closest bread with the least amount of effort, meaning no starter necessary! This easy no-knead bread recipe will make a novice baker look like a pro as it celebrates a beautiful golden brown crust and soft, chewy interior.
Course: Side dish
Prep Time: 1-day
Cook Time: 45-minutes
Total Time: 1-day, 45-minutes
3 cups bread flour
1/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1 tablespoon diced Meyer lemon peel
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
1 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup cornmeal
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, yeast, salt, lemon, and rosemary. Add the water and stir until blended. It will be very sticky. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm spot for 12-24 hours, until the surface is dotted with bubbles.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface then sprinkle with a bit more flour. Turn the dough over onto itself once or twice. The dough will be very wet and sticky but don’t knead the dough. Cover loosely and let rest for 15-minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly-floured work surface. Lightly flour your hands and gently shape the dough into a ball without kneading it. Sprinkle cornmeal onto a flour sack towel and place the dough, seam side down onto the towel. Dust the top of the dough with more cornmeal. Cover with another towel and let rise until the dough is more than double in size, about 2-hours.
- 30-minutes before the dough is ready, heat the oven to 450°F and place a Hestan NanoBond 5-quart covered Dutch Oven in the oven as it heats.
- Use oven mitts to carefully remove the pot from the oven. Turn the dough over into the pot so that it’s seam-side up. If necessary, shake the pan to evenly distribute the dough. Use a sharp knife to cut three shallow slits on top of the dough. Cover and bake for 30-minutes, then uncover and bake 15-to 30-minutes more, until golden brown on top.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10-minutes before removing from the pot.
Loving these recipes? There's more where that came from.
Fresh Farmhaus Salad
PIN RECIPE A friend from work shared this Farmhaus Salad recipe that her grandmother handed down to her. The flavors complement each other
Spring Design Tips to Transform Your Outdoor Space
Spring Design Tips to Transform Your Outdoor Space Spring is in full swing! As warmer weather makes it’s appearance, you might be thinking of ways
Mushroom French Dip Sandwiches
Meaty Portobello mushrooms have just the right amount of savory flavor and the perfect earthy texture to pair with red wine and seamlessly replace beef
Mother’s Day Breakfast Bake
Breakfast gatherings just got less hectic – with this recipe, all the prep work is done the night before! The leek and sausage amounts can
Skillet Bone-In Ribeye
Skillet-frying steaks ensures the most delicious outer crust and the perfect medium-rare center every time. This recipe is a classic with thick rib eye steaks
What’s My Design Style?
What’s My Design Style? By Kerrie Kelly, FASID, NKBA There is no one way to design a room, nor one style that is best for