This week the ladies at Kandrac Kole (our KK design twins!) announced they had been nominated by Lisa Mende for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. They then in turn tagged KKDL along with nine other bloggers as a part of their list of ten nominees.
Image via The Bookshelf Intruder
Thank you Kelly and Joann for thinking of us! Here is the list of the questions our design pals asked:
- What is your favorite paint color?
While it sounds boring, I love Sherwin Williams Snowbound. We use it in semi-gloss finishes for trim and cabinetry and in eggshell finishes for one of my favorite interior aesthetics, Spanish Revival design.
- What is your favorite movie?
A Good Year—design, love and the European countryside.
Image via IMDb
- What are some of the challenges you face in your work?
Wanting to do it all!
- If you weren’t an interior designer, what would be your dream job?
I would love to be a chef of a small quaint restaurant. Instead, I am happy to cook often on weekends for friends and family.
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world (alive or dead) who would it be?
No doubt about it, Ralph Lauren.
Image via Vogue UK
- Who have been your greatest mentors?
My parents have always been wonderful mentors, however I have also really enjoyed the lifestyle influence of my interior design instructor from Cal Poly- San Luis Obispo, Jeanette Locker and the business savvy of Gary Sorrels from my days in the building industry at Del Webb.
- What is your favorite design project?
The last one—I always fall in love with the project of the moment.
- How do you spoil yourself?
With Napa day trips for food, wine, views and experiences with friends and family.
- What is the best gift you ever received?
My engagement ring from my hubby.
- What are 3 things you can’t live without (besides God, family and friends)?
Scrambled egg breakfasts, handwritten notes and my KKDL team.
Even though this is technically a ‘sisterhood’ award, I’ve sprinkled in a few of my favorite guys that are both inspirational and successful! Now, here are a list of the awesome bloggers I’m nominating for the Sisterhood of the World Blogger’s Award:
1. Tyler Wisler (@NYDesignGuy)
2. Ronique Gibson (@stagetecture)
3. Edyta Czajkowska (@EdytaAndCo)
4. Mari Robeson (@MariRDesign)
5. Patti Johnson (@PJohnsonInt)
6. KMK Design Company (@KMKdesignCo)
7. Abbi Fenimore (@studioten25)
8. Mitzi Beach (@Mitzi_Beach)
9. Deborah Osburn (Cle Tile)
10. Kim Lewis Designs (@KLewisHome)
And here are the questions I’ve prepared for you. Enjoy!
What is your all-time favorite book?
If you could have any job, besides the one you have right now, what would it be?
What project are you most proud of?
What advice would you give someone who is just starting a blog?
What is a new skill you’d like to learn?
What is your go-to comfort food?
How would your friends describe you?
What does your perfect day look like?
Where do you most want to travel?