After a month full of design inspiration courtesy of Cosentino’s Inaugural #CNextDesigners event, the National Kitchen & Bath Association’s Kitchen & Bath Industry Show (KBIS) and Brizo’s Frank Lloyd Wright Experience, #KKDL is fully loaded with a design arsenal full of fresh new looks and innovative products to share with our friends, followers and clients. Check out what’s IN and what’s OUT in our round up below.IN: Here are trends we spotted at KBIS and what our designer friends are crushing on. – Feel good kitchen: Modern kitchen suites that support a healthy lifestyle by integrating the latest technology, aesthetics and function. – Lime green: Inspired by fashion’s catwalk, this look is heading home. Zesty greens add fresh flavor and energy to interiors, delivering the perfect pop of tangy color in any room.
Photo: GE Appliances
– Clay colored artisan products: Contemporary pottery is accenting interiors in shades of russet and clay.
Photo: Reflections and Glory– Playtime chairs: Bold forms paired with fabulous finishes are creating a high fun factor at home. The aesethic oozes a confident, carefree, modern attitude.
– Tranquil scenes: Interiors are keeping things calm by embracing biophilic elements, greens, blues and the tranquil qualities of water.
– Wavy warm woods: Fluid and curvaceous, warm woods are creating striking interpretations in a humble material. From trays, to mirrors and tables, these pieces bring that “je ne sais quoi” to your home.
– Travel by design: Holiday vibes are guaranteed when you surround yourself with global motifs.
Photo: Tate and Darby
– Upside down lighting: The trend for topsy-turvey light fixtures is a shining example of creativity. Lighting has been literally turned upside down in glassy luminaires that on first look may appear askew.
Photo: GE Appliances
OUT: Here are some trends that are over saturated and our design community says, “Let’s leave these behind.”– Shiplap: We sure do love Chip and Joanna, however, this trend has become oversaturated and we’re ready for something new. – Cream boucle: Soft to the touch, boucle is warmly embraced, however, when specified in cream, it’s been spotted 10x to many. – Shiny finishes: Mixed brushed finishes are so much more forgiving an easy on the eye. When it comes to selecting medals step away from the shine. Let us know what you think is in and out for home design. We always love to hear your comments!