This recipe is all about taking care of your “future self”. Turkey taco meal prep bowls are made with seasoned turkey taco meat, black beans, corn, pico-de-gallo and brown rice and are simple, but satisfying. Make them ahead for four delicious week-day lunches that will cure your Mexican food craving.
Makes: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10-minutes
Cook Time: 10-minutes
Assembly Time: 10-mintues
Total Time: 30-minutes
1 cup brown rice, white rice or quinoa, uncooked
1 lime (zested)
¾ lb lean ground turkey, beef or chicken
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
⅔ cup water
1 pint cherub tomatoes, halved
1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped
¼ cup cilantro leaves
¼ cup red onion, finely chopped
½ lime, juiced
⅛ teaspoon salt
12 oz can corn kernels, drained
1. Cook brown rice according to package directions in Hestan NanoBond 3qt Saucepan, adding the lime zest to the cooking water. Allow to cool slightly before portioning out.
2. Add turkey to a Hestan NanoBond 11” Skillet and cook over medium heat, breaking it up with a spatula until no longer pink (approximately 10 minutes).
3. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the cooked meat, then add the water. Stir and simmer for a couple of minutes, until sauce has thickened.
4. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly before portioning out.
5. Combine tomatoes, jalapeño, cilantro, onion and lime juice and toss together.
6. To assemble lunch bowls, divide ingredients evenly between four 2-cup capacity meal prep containers. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. When ready to eat, spray with lime and add fresh avocado, if desired.