Spicy Sweet Potato Beef Chili is a family favorite comfort food that is made seasonal by adding sweet potato. Put the Hestan Culinary x Thomas Keller Insignia Rondeaus to the work and all you have to do add your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Prep Time 15-minutes
Cook Time 3-hours
Total Time 3-hours 15-minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef (80/20)
- 15 ounces canned diced tomatoes or your favorite refrigerated red salsa
- 2 pounds sweet potato or yams, baked, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 15 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces canned pinto chili beans
- Preheat Thomas Keller Insignia Rondeaus on medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil add the onion and cook until they soften.
- Add cumin, coriander, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper to the onions and stir.
- Add the beef and cook, stirring until browned.
- Add the diced tomatoes or salsa and stir.
- Add in the two cans of beans and stir. Cover and cook on low for an hour while sweet potatoes bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Cut sweet and peel sweet potatoes and add cubed baked sweet potato pieces and stir. Let rest so flavors blend.
- 10-minutes before serving stir and heat through. Serve with your favorite toppings. We used green onions, sour cream and avocado with blue corn chips.
Added hint—make enough chili to mix with rice, stuff into peppers and top with cheese and bake. You have a whole new dish to serve later in the work week!