Quick and easy homemade chicken noodle soup can be light, healthy, inexpensive and delicious, not to mention, ready in 30-minutes!
One Pot Chicken Soup
Course: Main, Soup
Prep Time: 20-minutes
Cook Time: 1-hour
Total Time: 30-minutes
2 tablespoons butter
1 cup sliced carrot circles
1 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
1 tablespoons chopped ginger
1 tablespoons chopped garlic
7-1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 bay leaf
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
12 oz uncooked egg noodles
1-1/2 cups shredded chicken
2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
1 tablespoon green onions for garnish
- In a Hestan NanoBond 8qt. Stockpot, heat butter on medium high heat.
- Add carrots, celery, onions and sauté until the veggies become slightly tender.
- Add ginger, garlic and sauté them for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broth, thyme, oregano, bay leaf, salt, pepper and bring to boil.
- Cook for another 5-minutes.
- Add egg noodles and cook for 10-minutes or until the noodles become soft.
- Add chicken and parsley and cook for another 3-minutes.
- Discard the bay leaf and garnish with green onions and enjoy!