A savory sausage and pepper pasta featuring al dente pasta tossed with colorful peppers, tomato and onion with spicy Italian sausage reminds my husband of his cherished Italian childhood celebrations.
Prep Time: 7-minutes
Cook Time: 23-minutes
Total Time: 30-minutes
16 ounces any short pasta
2 tablespoons olive oil
5 Italian sausages, mix hot and sweet
1 green bell pepper, large, diced
1 yellow onion, large, diced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
16 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a Hestan NanoBond 8 qt. Stockpot. Add a generous amount of salt, cooking pasta 2-minutes less than the package instructions.
- Strain pasta in Hestan Provisions Colander and set aside. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking.
- In the Hestan NanoBond 8 qt. Stockpot, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil and fry sausages until deeply browned on all sides.
- Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch circles and set aside.
- Sauté the bell pepper, onion and garlic for 2-minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, the spices, and the sausage slices to the Hestan NanoBond 8 qt. Stockpot.
- Simmer 10-minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce. Continue simmering until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with grated parmesan and enjoy!
Loving these recipes? There's more where that came from.
Fresh Farmhaus Salad
PIN RECIPE A friend from work shared this Farmhaus Salad recipe that her grandmother handed down to her. The flavors complement each other
Spring Design Tips to Transform Your Outdoor Space
Spring Design Tips to Transform Your Outdoor Space Spring is in full swing! As warmer weather makes it’s appearance, you might be thinking of ways
Mushroom French Dip Sandwiches
Meaty Portobello mushrooms have just the right amount of savory flavor and the perfect earthy texture to pair with red wine and seamlessly replace beef
Mother’s Day Breakfast Bake
Breakfast gatherings just got less hectic – with this recipe, all the prep work is done the night before! The leek and sausage amounts can
Skillet Bone-In Ribeye
Skillet-frying steaks ensures the most delicious outer crust and the perfect medium-rare center every time. This recipe is a classic with thick rib eye steaks
What’s My Design Style?
What’s My Design Style? By Kerrie Kelly, FASID, NKBA There is no one way to design a room, nor one style that is best for