Skillet-frying steaks ensures the most delicious outer crust and the perfect medium-rare center every time. This recipe is a classic with thick rib eye steaks basted in a garlic butter sauce and cooked to perfection, providing a go-to method for quick steak dinners!
Prep Time: 5-minutes
Cook Time: 10-minutes, plus
5-minutes to rest steak
Total Time: 20-minutes
1-2 1 ½-2” thick bone in rib eye steaks (we used Cowboy Steaks)
2 tablespoons good olive oil
Salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1 tablespoon butter
Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- Heat a Hestan NanoBond 11” Skillet over medium high heat for 5-10 minutes.
- Season the steaks with salt. Swirl in olive oil until just smoking.
- Quickly place the steaks in the pan. You will hear a roaring sizzle. Allow the steaks to sit, untouched, for 5-minutes to form the perfect crust and a medium rare temperature.
- Flip and place the butter, garlic and thyme over the steaks. Cook another 5-minutes, basting with the juices.
- Remove the steaks from the pan, wrap in foil, and allow to rest 5-minutes before slicing from the bone. Serve with the juices from the pan.
Loving these recipes? There's more where that came from.
Follow @KerrielKelly on Instagram to satisfy your cravings for all things design, food, and lifestyle.