A friend from work shared this Farmhaus Salad recipe that her grandmother handed down to her. The flavors complement each other so well, creating a nice chance of pace from our everyday salad fixings!
Prep Time: 20-minutes
Cook Time: 20-minutes
Total Time: 40-minutes
Servings: 2 Entrée, 6 Side Dish
Ingredients for the dressing
2 tablespoons Best Foods Mayonnaise
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
1 teaspoon ponzu sauce
1 teaspoon Siracha
1 teaspoon honey
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
Ingredients for the salad
1-1/2 cups brown rice, cooked
3 cups cabbage, chopped
½ cup carrots, sliced
2 green onions, sliced
1 Persian cucumber, sliced
1 package breast tenders, roasted and chopped
1 avocado, diced
6 pieces bacon, cooked and diced
Cilantro to garnish
Instructions for Farmhaus Salad
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients and whisk together setting aside as you make the salad.
- Cook bacon slices on Hestan Provisions OvenBond ½ Sheet Pan with Wire Rack at 400 degrees F for 20-minutes.
- Cook brown rice according to package directions in Hestan NanoBond Saucepan. Set aside and cut vegetables while bacon finishes.
- Pull bacon from oven and cut into small pieces.
- Layer the salad ingredients into a large salad bowl as listed above with brown rice lining the bottom. Drizzle with dressing, toss and enjoy!