Curb appeal counts, but sometimes so do pennies.
Elevating your home’s curb appeal doesn’t always mean breaking the bank. With thoughtful touches like a freshly painted front door or well-placed lighting, you can create an inviting and polished exterior on a budget of less than $100.
Whether you’re a seasoned DIY-er or a first-time homeowner, this is the perfect list to get started:
1. Painting your front door: A fresh coat of paint in a bold color can instantly add personality and charm to your home’s exterior, creating an inviting focal point.
2. Adding house numbers to your front door: Stylish house numbers or a plaque near your front door offer a functional and visually appealing touch, making your address easy to locate.
3. Setting up a mailbox: Choose a mailbox that complements your home’s style, enhancing the overall aesthetic while also serving a practical purpose.
4. Planting hydrangeas: These vibrant, low-maintenance flowers can transform your front yard with their colorful blooms, creating a welcoming atmosphere.
5. Incorporate lighting: Solar pathway lights or decorative lanterns illuminate your walkway, adding safety and ambiance during the evenings.
6. Power washing the driveway: A thorough cleaning of your driveway removes dirt and grime, instantly revitalizing the look of your home’s entrance.
7. Power washing your house: Give your exterior walls a refresh by power washing, revealing a cleaner and brighter façade that exudes curb appeal.
8. Installing flower boxes: Attaching flower boxes under windows or along your railing offers an opportunity to showcase seasonal blooms and add a touch of natural beauty.
9. Adding hanging baskets: Suspended planters filled with colorful flowers or trailing vines create a delightful visual display that draws the eye upward.
10. Updating your doormat: Swap out your old doormat for a new one that complements your home’s color palette and style, instantly enhancing the entryway.
11. Trimming and shaping greenery: A well-maintained landscape with neatly trimmed bushes, shrubs, and trees portrays a cared-for exterior.
12. Refreshing mulch: Applying fresh mulch to your garden beds not only suppresses weeds but also adds a polished look to your landscape.
13. Hanging a decorative wreath: A seasonal wreath on your front door adds a touch of charm and warmth, reflecting the changing seasons.
14. Cleaning windows: Sparkling clean windows not only allow more natural light inside but also contribute to an overall neat and tidy appearance.
15. Repainting the porch floor: A fresh coat of porch paint can make the entrance feel clean and well-maintained, providing an instant upgrade to your curb appeal.
Planning on putting some of these tips to use?
We’d love to see the results! Drop them in the comments below, or tag @KerrielKelly on Instagram!
Love what you see? There's more where that came from.
for all things design, lifestyle, flavor and more.
Keep the Creativity Flowing
Kerrie breaks down foundational concepts of design in these articles. For the design pros and design curious alike, these articles are full of tips and tricks to help you transform your space.