Get ready to delight your taste buds with a unique twist on classic panzanella salad. This Acorn Squash Gingerbread Panzanella yields a savory and sweet salad that perfectly captures the essence of the holidays with the roasted acorn squash and gingerbread, making it a wonderful addition to your seasonal menu.
Course: Side Dish
Prep Time: 15-minutes
Cook Time: 20-minutes
Total Time: 35-minutes
- 2 cups cubed gingerbread (preferably slightly stale for better absorption)
- 3 cups arugula
- 4 oz bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup pickled pearl onions
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups sliced roasted acorn squash
- ¼ pomegranate seeds to garnish
- Prepare the Gingerbread Croutons: If your gingerbread isn’t already cubed, cut it into bite-sized cubes. Place them on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven at 350°F for 5-7 minutes until they become slightly crispy. Allow them to cool.
- Roast the Squash: Slice your acorn squash and toss in olive oil. Season the slices with salt and pepper and spread them out on a Hestan Half Sheet OvenBond Baking Sheet and bake in a preheated oven at 400°F for about 20 minutes, or until they are tender and slightly caramelized.
- Cook the Bacon: In a Hestan 11” NanoBond Skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until it’s crispy. Transfer it to a paper towel-lined plate to drain excess grease. Once cooled, crumble it into pieces.
- Make the Dressing: In a Hestan Provisions Small Mixing Bowl, whisk together the pumpkin butter and Cobram Estate olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the quantities if needed to achieve the desired balance of sweetness and acidity.
- Assemble the Salad: In a Hestan Provisions Large Mixing Bowl, combine the arugula, gingerbread croutons, crumbled bacon, pickled pearl onions, and roasted acorn squash.
- Drizzle with Dressing: Pour the pumpkin butter and olive oil dressing over the salad. Gently toss everything together until well coated. Be careful not to crush the gingerbread croutons; they should soak up some of the dressing without becoming soggy.
- Serve: Plate the Acorn Squash Gingerbread Panzanella and garnish with a pomegranate seeds, if desired. This delightful dish is ready to enjoy!