Chocolate and pumpkin swirled together in this fall twist on a classic brownie invite a scoop of ice cream and some chopped nuts or spooky sprinkles for a Halloween trick – or – treat night snack
Course: Side dish
Prep Time: 1-day
Cook Time: 45-minutes
Total Time: 1-day, 45-minutes
¾ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups sugar
¾ cup butter, melted
2 teaspoon vanilla
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup canned pumpkin
¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground cloves
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
Desired toppings (such as Ice cream, nuts, cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a Hestan OvenBond Square Baker.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Stir together sugar, melted butter, and vanilla in a large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture and stir until evenly moistened. Pour half of the batter back into the bowl that held the flour mixture.
- Stir chocolate chips and cocoa into one bowl of batter. Stir pumpkin, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg into the other bowl. Spread half of the chocolate batter into the bottom of prepared baking pan and follow with all of the pumpkin batter. Dollop remaining chocolate batter over top. Drag a kitchen knife or small spatula gently through the layers in a swirling motion to create a marbled appearance.
- Bake until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan before cutting into squares. Serve warm with desired toppings.